Powered by Blogger.

Rich

Rich
My prince charming!

Frita

Frita
My STRONG 7 year old.

Bubba

Bubba
My sweet 4 year old.

Little Lou

Little Lou
My happy 2 year old

The Stockpile!

The Stockpile!
My one and only shelving unit for my stockpile.

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Daddy Daughter Date Night

Both Richard and I are doing our best to have dates with each of our children on a regular basis but sometimes it is hard to fit it all in-definitely a goal to do better here.  We both think this is so important on so many levels.  It gives us some one on one time to listen and connect with each of our kids and we think it even more important for daddies to show their daughters exactly what a date looks like. 

As our girls get a little older we have plans for Richard to come to the door and pick up each girl and actually structure the date as a date should be and what is acceptable in our eyes. Of course an actual date will not occur until 30 years of age :)  No really we are seriously entertaining the idea of not allowing our children to date until they are out of high school.  A couple of years ago our Adult Community Leader brought in high school seniors, both male and female, who had been through various different schooling methods (homeschool, private and public schools).  By the way this is the event that pushed us over the edge into the homeschool world.  Most of these kids had not dated ever!  I was thinking "What?  How was that possible without total rebellion?"  What surprised me was not that there were many "talks and late night pleadings" to enter the dating world but that each of these "kids" got it.  And in many ways I got it for the first time.  My goodness how much easier would my life had been if that aspect was taken out of my life in high school.  So for now we are doing a lot of praying and seeking God's wisdom for our future AND Chick-fil-A, manicures, limos and dancing with cows...
 
The Daddy Daughter Date night at Chick-fil-A began with white linen table clothes, chargers and real napkins!  Reservations were required.


A little posing and dancing before the limo.  Have you ever cha-chaed with a cow?

 Man that girl loves, loves, loves her daddy!
 
The limo ride provided Prestigious Event Rentals (happened to be one of Rich's friends).







Oh the manicures of it all!  Chick-fil-A rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment