Powered by Blogger.

Rich

Rich
My prince charming!

Frita

Frita
My STRONG 7 year old.

Bubba

Bubba
My sweet 4 year old.

Little Lou

Little Lou
My happy 2 year old

The Stockpile!

The Stockpile!
My one and only shelving unit for my stockpile.

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eyebrows, birthday wishes and Alfred.

Today I turned 35!  It is very surreal to me because I remember when my mom turned 35.  I was 8 and I have memories before that but for some reason that just stuck.  I guess it kind of makes me feel grown up...or at least I feel as if I should act grown up.  Richard did a great job on presents this year.  Every so often I text him a picture of something I like and he gets to pick and choose and add a few to it.  This year I got a huge foam kitchen mat, a metal rooster (there's blog out there with one of the funniest posts I have ever read of a story of a 5 foot metal rooster- and a lesson for a husband about choosing battles.  It is a little R rated so I won't post the link but none the less had me in tears) and now I own one!  It is only about 2 feet, a baby compared to the giant legend rooster and I love him.  His name is Rojo the rooster.  I think I will decorate and integrate  him into the Christmas decor!  Oh he has been at Richard's office for a week or so.  A few crosses and a white orchid plant (which I'm sure to kill but at least it will last longer than one in a vase) and I was very pleased. 

The Mom's called to wish me happy birthday and asked what I was doing and well I'm doing what I always do.  Life.  Today began with our weekly visit to the chiropracter and a quick stop at the store without coupons but it was just for butter, bananas and meat.  We are making Christmas cookies today or maybe tomorrow because I feel that I've highly neglected my kiddos with planning the Birthday Party for Jesus.  Which was AWESOME!  I'll post pics later.  So it was butter we needed. 

On the way home I noticed it was trash day and saw some nice wood that someone just threw away.  I am on a new band wagon of painting wood with scriptures and covering the walls with them so I'm always on the look out.  We also found a vintage looking birdhouse that we'll dust off and give a good painting too.  The kids thought it was fun to search for treasure and every few houses my 22 month old Lou would scream Santa or Snowman which I only knew what she was saying by looking in the yard to see what it was she said.  We were listening to KSBJ and ALVIN and the chipmonks came on, which the kids dearly love and Frita screams from the back seat it's Alfred and the chipmonks.  We have a staghorn fern named Alfred (one of Richard's clients "raised" it and had it already named) so I guess that's where it came from.  Good times, good times.

The kids when down for a nap and I got a text to check the front porch.  There was a white bag with a small container of seaweed salad from Uni Sushi.  "Just the start" was the text that followed.  My husband rocks!

Several loads of laundry and dishes later my day is almost complete.  Not only have the kids been neglected but the house too!  I am up to my neck in laundry and trying to put up all the birthday party paraphanelia and finally finish decorating my home for Christmas.  No way will this get done in one day.

I am currently sitting in our rocking chair holding my 22 month old while she is drinking a bottle- yes I know way too old to drink a bottle.   Maybe that will be a new years resolution.  But she has learned to control her eyebrows at least partially which I ask her to move them all the time now.   A little sanity straight from God.

I do enjoy my phone chirpping every few minutes with a happy birthday's from facebook.  Birthday's are little more fun with all the wishes.  Makes me smile.  Today is a good day.  He is good - Psalm 118:1!

No comments:

Post a Comment