Powered by Blogger.

Rich

Rich
My prince charming!

Frita

Frita
My STRONG 7 year old.

Bubba

Bubba
My sweet 4 year old.

Little Lou

Little Lou
My happy 2 year old

The Stockpile!

The Stockpile!
My one and only shelving unit for my stockpile.

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Broiled Tilapia Parmensean

Change of plans for our dinner tonight.  SOMEONE used the last of the hamburger that I had slotted for taco soup tonight so I looked at my freezer inventory of what frozen meat I have and Tilapia it is!

But one of my favorite recipes of all time and super fast too.
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan (or any other cheese you might have)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or any other type of cheese - just not velveta)
2 T butter, softened
1- 1 1/2 T on mayonnaise
1 T lemon juice ( I have omitted this when I didn't have it- works good with or without)
1/8 t dried basil
1/8 t black pepper
1/8 t onion powder
1/8 t celery salt
1 lb of tilapia fillets (I usually get the big bag of individually frozen fillets)

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven's broiler (I do this in my toaster oven on broil).  Grease a broiling pan or line with aluminum foil.
2.  In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together.
3.  Arrange fillets in a single layer on the pan.  Broil a few inches from the heat for 2-3 mins.  Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more mins.  Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the mixture on the top side.  Broil for 2 more mins or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.  Be careful not to over cook the fish. 

Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment