Powered by Blogger.

Rich

Rich
My prince charming!

Frita

Frita
My STRONG 7 year old.

Bubba

Bubba
My sweet 4 year old.

Little Lou

Little Lou
My happy 2 year old

The Stockpile!

The Stockpile!
My one and only shelving unit for my stockpile.

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reason #2 NOT to coupon

It will take too much time.  It's just not worth MY time!

Oh this was my song for years.  That was until my husband got a job that was 100% commission.  I was forced to figure out someway to not spend $700 a month on food, paper and soap (and I was buying all off brand).  There is a learning curve but I had to suck it up and learn if we wanted to be able to eat and not smell funny.

Once I did I started to share it will anyone who would listen because it would've meant so much to our family to be able to save as much as we do now.  In the beginning I spent close to 3 hours planning and a couple of hours shopping to get our budget down to $250/mo.  At that time I was shopping Walmart, CVS and Kroger to get all the good deals.  Now I am primarily Walmart with a little Walgreens thrown in.  I spend ONE hour a week planning my trip and about one hour shopping.  Let's do some math.  Our current budget is $200/month on all our need expenses including dog food and diapers and a pretty decent stockpile.  I spend 2 hours a week total.  We are saving at least $500/month.  That comes out to $62.50/hr that I am "making."  If only I could figure out some way to earn that hourly rate for being a Mommy??

No comments:

Post a Comment